My Disloyal Followers

Friday, December 23, 2011

New Quickwrite

I finished reading Breaking Dawn for the second time (I have not seen the movie yet, unfortunately) and have fallen hopelessly in love with Seth Clearwater. (No, I'm joking, but you have to admit he is awesome.) So I decided to write something in his point of view. Oh, and yes, I know I'm due for a Poll Results but I'm putting it off like last time.

Twilight

   I growled under my breath at the sight of Renesme walking around, completely unaware. I was tempted to warn her, but I lost my chance as the she-vampire sprung at her.
   No! I launched myself in front of her, blocking her way so she couldn't hurt Renesme. If Jacob lost her...I didn't want to think about it. He'd probably try to kill himself. Immediately, as she hit me, I felt the same crunch my shoulder and collarbone had made when Bella had hit me. As I collapsed on the ground in pain, I made a mental note to myself to try a different tactic when stopping vampires.
   Clenching my teeth, I pushed myself back up; thankfully the vampire had been surprised enough to freeze long enough for me. I caught a glimpse of Renesme. She looked shocked, then, being the intelligent creature she was, she ran in the direction that Bella and Edward were.
   The vampire seemed to ignore me and took off after her again. I raced after her, then leaped and sent her rolling to the ground. It felt like crashing into cement, but I kept a firm hold on her.
   “You might actually live if you didn't try to fight me,” she hissed as she threw me off easily. Letting a warning growl rumble under my throat, I rose back to my feet, mostly my right, and glared at her. I hoped she got the message, her trying to read a wolf's face, after all.
   Suddenly I heard Embry's voice in my mind. Hey, what's up?
   I let him see the scene through my head. I need help. Fast. And bring as many as you can!
   Sure thing.
   It kind of sucked that I hadn't been able to call on them for help earlier, since they'd all been in human form. I was about to respond to Embry when I was knocked over by the block of cement. My chest exploded in pain as I heard a few cracks.
   I didn't get to push myself back up, because immediately she was crouched beside me, fangs just inches away from my throat. Laying perfectly still, I waited for her voice.
   “You even try to move, and you'll be dead before you can realize.”
   The whole vampire venom being fatal to me kind of sucked too. While humans got immortality, werewolves just had to get death, right? Reaching out to Embry to see how far he was, I felt Leah there with him. Their pace immediately quickened as they witnessed my thoughts.
   The vampire began to slink back, probably hoping I wouldn't be able to tell. I'd have to be fast in getting back up to my feet, she'd have me down in a second again if I didn't attack her first. Gathering my strength, I pushed up with sudden force, and faced her, snarling.
   A smile began to creep across her lips. “I gave you a chance,” she chided, shrugging. Then she lunged at me. I moved out of the way, then swiped her with my paw as hard as I could, almost falling over with my weight on my bad leg.
   She fell to the ground from the impact of my attack. But my luck didn't last long, and soon I felt a few more of my bones break and she crouched by my throat again. By now, I was in no state to attack again. I could only hope that she stalled a little longer with me, so that Renesme would be safe and so Embry and Leah would help me out.
   Leah. She wouldn't bear it if I got hurt. I'm fine, I lied to her in my head. Just come fast.
   She didn't respond to me, but I could feel the panic in her head, like claws raking my fur. We're almost there. Is Renesme safe? Embry told me, when she remained silent.
   To emphasize the fact that help was coming, I heard one howl pierce the air, then another following more hesitantly. The vampire didn't seem to like that. She stiffened and then hissed at me. Then, baring her fangs, she put them to my neck just as Leah leaped on her and kicked her off.
   At first it felt like a normal scratch, like a normal tear of my skin. Then the venom hit my veins and excruciating pain left me screaming and thrashing. Or more like howling and thrashing.
   Jacob, the Alpha's voice popped into my head. What's wrong? He asked immediately.
   I tried to calm down enough so I could at least think and talk to him. A...a vampire attacked Nessie.
   What?! Is she okay? What's going on?
   I think she's fine..she ran in the direction of the cottage. You should go check in on her.
   And you all? What's going on?
   I'm fine, I lied again, this time to Jacob. Embry and Leah are attacking the vampire.
   You're not?
   Well...I may have managed to break a few bones and get venom in me, but otherwise it's all good. The main this is Nessie, remember?
   I could feel Jake's shock pulsing through him as he registered what I just said. Before he could respond though, I spoke again.
   Nessie. Go check in on her. Leah and Embry are here – and trust me, Leah isn't going to take my situation too lightly.
   Fine. But get help if you don't keep it under control.
   Of course, I managed to respond. The pain was too overwhelming, and I knew if Jacob hadn't left then, I would've lost my connection with him anyway.
   A moment later, I heard Leah. Phase back to human. We need to get you over to the Cullens.
   C-can't....”
   Come on, she urged. Phase back or there is nothing we can do.
   Embry was there now. Just focus.
   Gritting my teeth, I pushed myself and imagined I was a human, just walking around. I felt the normal burn while phasing, but it didn't affect me as much now that I had vampire venom circulating through my blood.   Nothing overruled that pain.
   Leah's cold nose nudged me onto Embry's back. Then she flanked him on his right as they ran fast.
~12/23/11

1 comment:

Lorrie Plata said...

Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, which help your skin appear younger and help your body repair and repel toxins. Spending money; budgeting Diamond Peel starting at P199 (P1200 value) at Orange Body Lab. BeauOxi White Plus Premium Glutathione Brand 5 in 1 is guaranteed better than other brands you have tried before.