My Disloyal Followers

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Nutcracker - Ballet San Jose

'Tis Fira!

So most of you know that I'm training as a ballet dancer. Dance is my life, I cannot live without ballet. I go for at least two hour everyday, except for Fridays through Sundays. On Friday I go for an hour, on Saturday an hour and a half, on Sunday nothing.

Well I can't stand it the days I don't go, which is why I'm posting so much on this blog. I have nothing else to do, I'm so used to being busy with either ballet or homework all the time, that I can only come online and write now. Not dancing gets me depressed.

It would just be weird if I did it myself though. It just would. I need classes.

Anyway, I perform The Nutcracker with my school every year. two years ago I went to see San Fransisco do it, and this year we went to see Ballet San Jose. We saw it tonight, and it was amazing. The dancers were beautiful. But....

Let's say it was different.

It wasn't really traditional. Instead of Act II being a bunch of different types, it was all jumbled up and nothing was mentioned the correct part. There was no Sugar Plum Fairy, no Snow Queen, no Cavalier.

Again, the show was breathtaking. But they also had some boring stuff in it, the Battle Scene and the Ball thing at the end were really really boring and stretched out a long time. The mice were kind of cute though. ;)

In all, I prefer the traditional style. Some people would even prefer to watch the one my school does instead. But I had a great time tonight, and now I shall go sleep so I can get out of the work my parents have planned for me.

~Fira / Nat the Cat / Ballerina <3

No comments: