My Disloyal Followers

Friday, December 9, 2011

Poll Results and New Quickwrite

Yep. I haven't completely deserted you or this blog.

Okay, so honestly I've been avoiding the whole topic of posting the poll results because I find it quite boring and pointless, however I happen to be a bit weird and well I fell like it is a must. So here we go. By the way...I'm not very impressed by the results.

Snowy Forest ~ 8 votes  WINNER!!!
Emerald ~ 6 votes
Celadon ~ 4 votes
A Lost Friend ~ 3 votes

So yeah. For some very strange reason, Snowy Forest got the most votes. Well not that strange. Considering this blog is full of a bunch of Warriors fanatics, (no offense intended, I am included in that group) it makes sense that the most popular read is the Warriors one. What I don't understand is how Celadon received the least. Okay, so technically I voted for Celadon so it's only 3 votes and A Lost Friend is different because not everyone is as obsessed with Star Wars (and Anakin <3) as I am. So Celadon got the least. I mean, I know that there isn't much of a plot in it yet, and not much has happened. I've only begun the third chapter. But still, I think I wrote it well...it's definitely my favorite. Some of the other things I've written (cough Snowy Forest cough) I can't even stand to reread because my writing is so...ugly.
Well...that's all. 

And now for the new quickwrite. As much as I'd like you to go check out the page yourself, I know that most people, including me, am too lazy to go find it myself. If you'd like to make me happy, then you will go and look at the Quickwrites page to see it but if you are not so keen to do so, I will post it here also.

   Jroch sighed, rolling his eyes, performing a trick that ad not been possible merely three weeks ago. Fingering the skull ring on his finger, he began, “Dove-”
  His younger sister strode forward and glared up into his eyes defiantly. “You can't just keep killing people when you you feel like it! Do you know how many families you've destroyed?” Her eyes met his bored gaze.
   “We're royalty,” he replied exasperatedly. “How many times do I tell you this? We are royalty. Everyone should be lining up to be able to give their lives for us.” Bitterness crept into his cold, blue eyes. “And those who don't will learn their lesson soon,” he muttered.
   “Jroch, no!” Dove continued with her attempt to reform him. “We are not royalty, and we will never be! And you can't just kill people!”
   “No,” he admitted reluctantly. “We are not royalty. But we are descended from it. And we will be treated like our ancestors once were in time. I'll be sure that.”
   Dove burned her glare until Jroch flinched. His eyes still were sensitive, and could be persuaded easily. No, he told himself repeatedly, Don't fall into her trap.
   “No! You can't do that! I won't let you!”
   Jroch's hand tightened around his knife. “Please...stop,” he told her, almost begging. “I don't want to hurt you. I want to protect you. But I don't trust myself. You know how easily I can let anger take over me.” When Dove just simply stared at him, he continued. “Don't try to convince me of anything. Keep your distance from me. It's the only way to stay safe – from me and the town. They're all against me, you know.”
   His sister understood and drew in a shaky breath. “Alright. But I will always be with you. You and Leon.”
   “Don't mention him around me!” he snapped.
  Dove looked confused. Then realization darkened her golden face. “You can't hide from him forever, you know. He is your brother. And you will need his help.
   Jroch fingered his stomach, in a spot that held many memories. “No! He betrayed me! I nearly lost my life because of him!”
   “He was trying to save your life,”Dove explained exasperatedly. “I repeat. He is your brother.”
   “Stop,” Jroch snarled. “You've gone too far.” Drawing his knife, he took a menacing step toward his sixteen year old sister, about to kill her. All thoughts of reasoning disintegrated from his mind and he could only see one color on her – red.
   Just as he jumped at her, Dove threw herself to her side. “Jroch!” she gasped. “What are you doing?”
   He barely heard her voice. But he focused on it. A part of himself repeatedly told him, Come back.
   Then, just as he saw the world through normal eyes again, exhaustion overwhelmed him and he collapsed to the ground.
~12/08/11

No comments: