My Disloyal Followers

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Random Ramblings

The Depression of Chocolate

Have you ever eaten a chocolate? And experienced, the delicate, melting taste of the sweetness on you tongue? Does it bring you joy, sweet joy?

Well not for me.

Every time I eat a bite into a chocolate, I relish the taste of it, bite into it, enjoy it. But then comes the end. It's so saddening to finish a chocolate. It's extremely depressing when you only have three squares of a Hershey bar and you're trying to savor it, trying to extend the length of happiness. But every time you glance over to your side, every time you catch a glimpse of the chocolatey brown chocolate, your heart melts, yearning for you to take another square.

And then the very last one. Perhaps it's more of a rectangle than a square actually. You nibble on it, barely taking a bite, trying to save it. But then craving takes over you, and you have the rest in one gulp.

Guilt floods through your mind. You think, I'm sure, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

But it's over. You can't go back. And then you start bawling. Well no, I don't, but i am cooler than many people. ;)
~12/17/11

Pain

Scalding hot water falls on your arm, and you scream in pain. Walking around, you stub your toe hard. Fiddling around with your cats' claws, you stab yourself and scratch yourself out of carelessness.

Well get over it. It doesn't hurt. (Well, maybe the water does. I'm talking about the other two.)

Have you ever thought about what pain is? Have you ever wondered, why do I not like this feeling? Because that's what it really is. Pain is just a feeling, a sensation tingling on your skin. It's like when you get distracted, all the pain disappears, doesn't it? It's almost the same concept.

The difference is, you have to focus on it. When I crash into a wall, when I fall down, when I get attacked by my cat, I shrug it off. I think about it, I isolate the pain it is giving me, and remind myself, "It's only a sensation." And it vanishes. Instead of the normal feeling you have, all it is is a different one. One that doesn't even bother you.

This is a knowledge I've been holding for many months now, perhaps even a year. It works. A lot. And I am thankful for discovering such a secret, because as a dancer, I tend to hurt myself often. But I'm able to just ignore it. I don't even need to concentrate on it anymore because I use this power so often, I'm able to get into that state of mind whenever I wish it.

And now, I bestow this knowledge upon your shoulders as well.
~12/17/11

Two more Random Ramblings! If you love me, you'll check it out on the RR page!

No comments: