My Disloyal Followers

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Quickwrite

   “Alec...,”
   “Hey, Sav. What's up?”
   Sav stared at him for a moment, then smiled. “Nothing. Nothing at all. Want to go for a movie tonight?”
   Alec's eyes looked amused. “Sorry. Not today.”
   “Oh. Alright then,” Sav replied, not peeling her sea green eyes away from his brown eyes. A voice from the other end of the hall startled her and Alec both. He pulled away, his eyes glittering.
   “Guess you gotta go?”
   A laugh escaped from Sav's throat. “Yeah. Curse my sister, I guess.” She spun around to face Sarina glaring at her.
   “That doesn't look like studying to me,”her sister accused.
   Had Sarina been interested, she could have looked exactly like Sav. Being identical twins, it was never hard. The same lush blond hair Sav grew, Sarina cut. The same big eyes that Sav glared with, Sarina hid behind a pair of glasses.
   She looked cute, but it doesn't exactly keep her at the top of the school. Like Sav.
   “Do I look like I care?” Sav rolled her eyes at her sister. “Since when do you know me to care about what I get on a test?” She looked around to see if anyone was watching. Sav hated being seen around school with her sister. “Look. Can we talk about this somewhere else?”
   “We don't hate time for somewhere else, Savannah-”
   “Sav.”
   “Your French period is in one minute. You need to study now.”
   She shrugged. “Or, we could go to the bathroom and switch around so you can take my Final, and I'll go do Gym for you. Don't even try to pretend that you like that class.” Sav stared at her, willing her to listen.
Sarina stared back at her incredulously. “We've been over this so many times. I am not going to let you get out the easy way. Besides, we can't. You'd need to cut your hair and I'd need to magically grow mine. You think that's even possible?”
   That's why Sarina cut her hair. So Sav would stop bugging her.
   “Well then why don't you stop annoying me about studying and doing well?”
   Sarina sighed, exasperation flitting across her face. Anything she was about to say got cut off by the sound of the bell ringing. Before Sav could turn and hurry away, she said, “Spencer won't be happy.”
   Sav ignored her remark, and just caught up to her two friends, Ian and Baker, who were also heading to her class. The two of them happened to be extremely good at school, but still looked up to Sav and followed her fashion example.
   “Sav! Hi!” Baker waved her over. “Saw you talking to Sarina back there. Didn't want to disturb the two sisters,” she snickered, knowing how much Sav enjoyed being in Sarina's company. “What did she want?”
   “Oh, just the normal study and we'll all be happy rubbish.” Save laughed along with Baker and Ian.   Although they did well in school, they also knew how futile it was to talk to her about it.
~01/24/12

I was going to add more, but I didn't feel like it; also I need to sleep.

5 comments:

Swati said...

Typo:“We don't hate time for somewhere else, Savannah-”.

Sav seems incredibly nasty. Is this an ongoing story?

Swati said...

Oh btw, you and your writing friends should have a look at http://teenink.com/. It'll be nice if you got some articles published there. After all, its a magazine for the teens, written by teens.

Swati said...

Oh and Natasha, all your birthday money, would you like to use it for the TeenInk online class? Take a look: http://teenink.writingclasses.com/Partner/index.php?PartnerID=TI

Fira Marine said...

That would be cool...I'll think about it.

Fira Marine said...

Yes. Yes it is. If you go to the page that says Emerald, you will see the current chapter 1 that I don't like. It is the reason I am doing so many quickwrites on it.