My Disloyal Followers

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Adventures of Tin Tin

As depicted from the title, this post is about the movie The Adventures Of Tin Tin. Well today, we decided to go see it in 3D.

FYI, I know this is a writing blog. But movies have plots that are related to writing, and can't I post my life, too?

So I never read the comics of it, but my parents had, so they wanted to see the movie. We went today, and got our 3D glasses and everything, and sat down. The first thing I noticed when I walked into the auditorium was, Wow this has to be the smallest theater I've ever seen. Just a random thought, you know. Well anyway, we found good seats, surprisingly, since the small room already had the best seats taken.

Now, my brother is five and a half and he watches TV all the time. Or at least wants to. So we keep telling him scary stuff about how he'll get glasses and how they hurt and how his eyes will water. So what did he do when we handed him the 3D glasses? Well, since it was my mom and I who had drilled it into his mind, and I happened to be sitting next to him, I felt it was my job to convince him that these were okay but still have him scared of watching too much TV. Well, I managed it. What can I say? I'm good at manipulation.

Anyway, the movie was awesome. I understand that the word awesome is overused (especially by me) and should probably be what my teachers call a dead word. But it's an awesome word, awesome, and perfectly descriptive. Back to the movie. It was really good, with a cool plot and everything.

It makes me want to read the comics, even though I'm not that fond of those. I'd rather read books. But seeing the movie makes me want to read it, and that's saying something.

All in all, The Adventures of Tin Tin was pretty good.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

OMG!!! TINTIN!!! Every french immersion student's nightmare. LOL. I have no idea about the movie, but the comics/tv show were HORRIBLY HILARIOUS! When ,I saw the preview, I literally burst laughing in the middle of the theater. But seriously. Don`t read the comics. Unless, they translated them to English, then MAYBE. so that was my opinion :P

Swati said...

Awesome! Seriously, what's the problem with using that word....except that its overused? Like you said, it is perfectly descriptive. And yes, Tintin is AWESOME ;-).