My Disloyal Followers

Saturday, January 28, 2012

New Quickwrite

It's an Emerald one! Because I'm trying to write a good chapter 1, I'll probably keep doing this until I get something good.


   “Amy! Hi!” Sav hurried up to one of her friends, Amethyst. “Hey, what's up?”
   “Oh hey, Sav. Nothing much. You?” Brushing her gorgeous brown locks back behind her ear, Amy looked at her directly.
   Sav shrugged. “Same. You want to go to the mall?” Living in a mansion, and having all the money her parents for some reason purposely left behind, she could always afford to go indulge in some products.
   “Now?” At first Amy looked a bit nervous. Then her slightly tanned face brightened. “Yeah, sure! I'm pretty sure I'm free. We should call everyone else, too.”
   “Oh, yeah. We probably should.” Sav laughed. From the corner of her eye, she saw a familiar face walking up to her. “Hey, um, why don't we go look for them now?” She took Amy's hand and began heading the opposite way.
   Amy glanced where Sav had seen the familiar face and laughed. “Yeah, I agree. Let's check out Baker's locker. She'll probably be there, prettying herself up!”
   As the two approached her locker, and avoided the figure who seemed to be following them, they saw three boys standing around Baker, watching her apply her makeup. Sav pushed through the crowd first. “Whoa, whoa whoa. What are you guys doing here? And Alec, you're supposed to be looking for me,” she chastised, glaring mockingly at her boyfriend.
   “Agreed.” Amy found her way to stand next to Sav. “So, you people want to head over to the mall?” she asked.
   Sav didn't wait for their response. Instead she stared at Baker, so accidentally got a little mascara on her cheek. Before she could react, Ian, the boy who had been watching her intently, used his thumb to wipe it off. They both blushed.
   Smiling to herself, Sav decided she must get them together.
   Darren was laughing, when she turned her attention back. “You're asking me if I want to go to the mall? A dude like me?” He seemed about to yell no loudly, but then his face quieted and simply said, “Sure, why not?” She saw Amy glaring at him.
   “Okay, so who is taking us?” Alec finally spoke up. Although he was sixteen, a year older than she, he still couldn't drive them around yet, which kind of sucked.
   Sighing, Saw replied, “I'll ask my brother.” Technically, he shouldn't have been able to drive alone yet, only seventeen years of age, however living alone seemed to have changed the requirements. She spotted him talking to her stalker. “Or...not.”
   “Oh, come on.” Ian said the words. “You can't possibly avoid your sister forever. “Go talk. We need a ride.”
   “But-”
   “No, but, Sav,” Baker piped in, “we really need a ride!”
Sav gave in. “Fine, fine! I'll go talk to them.” As she made her way towards the pair, she sensed Alec next to her.
   “Hey,” he breathed in her ear. She couldn't resist a smile. He always stood with her.
   Sav stopped in front of her brother, trying to ignore her clone standing by him. “Spencer. We need a ride.”
   Her brother rolled his eyes. “Where to now?” After noticing Sav's glare, he replied. “The mall again? Nice. But anyway, you can't. You're needed at home.”
   “Oh, really, am I? Well that's too bad., because I'm not coming-”
   “It's about our parents?”
   Sav's breath caught in her throat. Their parents, parents of four children, mysteriously abandoned them right after their youngest brother was born. They just left them like that, and Spencer had always said that he would tell them what happened when they were ready. Which he said was sixteen years of age. They were only fifteen. Why had he decided hey were ready?
   “Can it wait till evening?” she half begged.
   Spencer looked thoughtful. “Alright...but I'm not happy about this.”
   Sav smiled. Unlike Sarina, her identical sister and stalker, Spencer behaved more reasonable. He always acted more responsible, perhaps for the reason that he was older, and he had had to mature faster to take care of them. Yet he still annoyed her.
   “Now explain to me why you were avoiding your sister.”
   Looking sideways at her twin, Sav shrugged. “I was?” The truth was, she never liked being seen around with her. While Sav ruled the school, Sarina ruled the nerds.
   “Savannah.” Spencer stared at her questioningly.
   She also hated being called Savannah. Though it was futile to correct Spencer. He always did what he liked. But Sarina for some reason thought she could call her that too, and Sav always hated her for it.
   “I was in a hurry, okay? Now can we please go?”
   Spencer smiled knowingly. “Yes. We shall leave.”
~01/28/12

4 comments:

Swati said...

Correction:

"she could always afford to go divulge in some products."

One does not divulge in products. Did you mean "indulge"?

And I really dislike Sav more and more...each time I read about her. Blech!!! I feel sorry for her sister, and the brother seems nice enough, but needs to be more authoritative if he is the parent-figure here.

Fira Marine said...

Offended! Sav is me! Lol!

Swati said...

Yeah, you did "divulge" that secret to me (about Sav). Yet....spoon...gag...puke! Blech!

Fira Marine said...

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhin my stories, I want it to be different. So instead of her being the antagonist, she is the protagonist.