My Disloyal Followers

Sunday, January 15, 2012

POINTE SHOES

As I've said in the past, I am a dancer. Not an incredibly advanced dancer, but a dancer all the same.


One of the two biggest stereotypes in ballet is that we always stand on our toes. The other is that we always spin around in circles with our arms above our heads, but I'm not talking about that. By the way, yes we do both. But the toes. Straight up on our toes. Did you know that we can't do that without years and years of training, without years of intense work, just strengthening our legs?

Well in December, a bunch of my dance friends and I received the wonderful news that we would be going en pointe in January. We weren't allowed to buy our shoes till then because they didn't want us to outgrow our feet before we started using them.

So, we decided to go all together as a group, and called it the Pointe Party. The owner of the store we had planned to go to said she would open the store just for us, and she would give us cookies and etc too!

Then we decided to eat out, and there was an Italian place nearby. So the moms planned out the whole Pointe Party, and when did they set the date? 14th of January! Halfway through the month! If it were me, I'd get it the second the store opened in January.

So when was the 14th? Yesterday, of course! So yesterday, at four o'clock, we all met at Prima, the store, and began a two hour long event to fit pointe shoes.

Oh my gosh it was so much fun! I ended up getting the Grishkos 2007. On Tuesday, we're going to show our teacher, and if he gives the okay, we can stitch everything on and then start our pointe training!

By the way, no need to warn me: I already know how it's going to be painful, and how I'm going to regret going en pointe. But I'm excited all the same!


~Catasha

7 comments:

Swati said...

Wooohooooo!!! Congratulations!! Hope you become a SUPERB dancer!

-- Your Mom! Yes...really your mom! The one who is married to Your Dad, and the same one who gave birth to you! :-P

Fira Marine said...

Really? I don't seem to recall anyone like that.

Anu Polisetty said...

lolololol
I remain incognito

Anonymous said...

never mind I'm not incognito -__-

Anonymous said...

Oh there will be a lot of pain but if you are up to the challenge then by all means I hope you have fun!:-)

Kayla Anne said...

Coooool, wish I could do that! hahaha you should post a picture of them!!

Fira Marine said...

Nice, Anu. Not amusing.

Will do, Kayla. Of course. You think I'm not so crazy about it that I won't post a picture??? I like wear them everyday even though I don't need to lol.