My Disloyal Followers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

New Quickwrite

Here is another quickwrite on the story of Jroch, Leon, and Dove!

  Jroch quietly, slid into the house threw the open window, and examined his surroundings. Darkness engulfed the room, and he could only see what stood just in front of him.
  A man. An angry man. He seemed to be a a statue, until he suddenly bellowed, "Intruder!" As if they had been practicing for this moment, footsteps thundered on the upper floor, where they made their way closer to him. Why aren't they running?
  Then he found himself shoved forward, and immediately grabbed his knife.
  "You are surrounded. Surrender, criminal."
  Ignoring the warning the man had given, Jroch shrugged and responded, "What, so you don't know my name? I'm offended. Thought I was famous enough. Guess I'm just have to bring more fame to my name."
  Jroch thought he heard a giggle from the side. So now children were being taught to use weapons?
  "Impossible," the man replied. "Everyone here is armed. You'll be dead before you can make a move."
  "I see. Well I don't really see. 'Cause I can't, exactly. It's quite dark here, have you noticed?"
  Another giggle. A few actually, though hushed by a woman. Jroch couldn't resist a smile. He remembered when he was younger, and Dove had been like that. Even blind, Jroch had been able to make her laugh at everything. They were happy then. What had changed so dramatically to make their lives so precarious today? Though Jroch refused to believe it, he knew clearly who had done it.
  The man sighed. Jroch spoke up. "You wouldn't happen to have guns too, would you?" he mused, trying to make his voice frightened.
  "We do. So you'd best not make a move."
  "Ah. Well I might try to escape, so you should tell me where the gun is, so I don't manage to bump into it, knock it down, and have it accidentally shoot someone."
  All was silent for a while, the man knowing where he was heading, but also weighing in the risk of what might happen. "It's on your right," he said finally.
  "Right...here?" Jroch asked, smirking, as he felt it, grabbed it away from the man who held it, and stabbed him with his knife.
  "Attack!" the first man shouted.
  Jroch sighed. "Stop," he said, and everyone halted. "I have a gun. Will you really want to lose all your lives trying to kill me?"
  There was no response.
  "Now. Since we're all calm here, I'd like someone to turn on the light so I can see who I'm dealing with."
  At first no one moved, then he heard footsteps.
~01/21/12

I'll post more later, I just got bored of writing and stopped there for now.

Anyway, guess what! Today is Boo Boo Stewart's birthday! He is eighteen now. Hehe only four years older than me. Just wait. Just wait and see. Lol I'm joking, sheesh.

I'm in a super mood right now. Maybe because I'm obsessed with the song The One That Got Away by Katy Perry, and I'm thinking of doing a cover for it, which I a unfortunately not allowed to put online, but I've been listening to the song and I like it. Haha. Run on sentence. Exactly what a writer should be doing right?

No comments: