My Disloyal Followers

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Entries

Okay. I will try to keep this as far from a rant as possible, which is quite hard.

I posted the new prompt, this week's writing assignment last week on Sunday. I have always given everyone one day of the weekend to finish it off if you wanted, and still people asked for extra time. Then I've always allowed the extra time you needed, waiting until the very last second until I posted the results. Last week, I received entries even while grading other ones in the morning. Which was two days after it was due. But I just brushed it aside, and tried not to get upset by it.

But this time. This time you had the same amount of time as usual to turn one in, and I was again allowing you extra time to turn it in. But now, on a Saturday night, when I should have had all the entries, I only have one. One, from only one person. Obviously. Are you serious? This is only Round 4, and every single person that has been disqualified so far has been out of no turn ins? I even posted a reminder this time, which I had not done for any others except for the fourth round!

I allow you until tomorrow afternoon, 3:00 Pacific time, to turn one in to me. If not, you will be disqualified. Please do turn one in, I would hate to see the effort you put into each of the other rounds go to waste all because you did not pay attention to the deadline. I will be anxiously looking at my emails, waiting for an entry to come.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

i'm really sorry nat! I spent all week last week trying to finish a bunch of homework and crap cause the teachers are on strike this week.... and yesterday I had to finish my t-shirt design cause I needed to send it by last night!!!!!! I'll try really hard to finish but I really need to work on planning.... And a bunch of other random chores -.-
I'm really sorry!!!!!

Optimistic4ever said...

Sent mine to you. Sorry Nat!

O4E

Fira Marine said...

@O4E: Thanks!

@Jessica: I only have two so far...I suppose I could give one extra day if you really need it?