My Disloyal Followers

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Competition Time!

I know. I am not an extremely experienced writer. However, maybe reading others' pieces, and grading them, will make me more experienced.

Now. For my competition, I will give you a prompt. It could be related to anything on my blog, or a topic completely random. Or maybe I won't give a prompt. Right now I will, though.

I want your writing piece back in five days. Then, I will give you a score based on the scale from one to ten. Then I will assign a new prompt, and I will collect it in another five days. When we finish, I will then calculate the total number of points, and announce a winner.

If you wish to enter, please comment either in this post, the Cbox, or contact me personally. I will provide my email address below.

I am thinking about five assignments will take course in this competition. Beware, as we proceed further into it, the prompts will be more difficult.

As for the prizes, I am allowing any of the prize list in one of my previous posts. Or, you can ask something personally, and I am always accepting ideas. However I would say the main prize would be to have your own writing published on this blog. I shall go into further detail, when we have a winner.

So start sending in your entries, and I will give you your first assignment.

PROMPT: Fan Fiction. Any fan fiction. As long as I have read/watched whatever it is based on. Ask me before beginning.

Good luck!

15 comments:

Kayla Anne said...

Aaaah. I was like YES, CONTEST! And then...Fanfiction...Oh my...Haven't done one of those in ages. Guess I could give it a shot...But meh...How long does it have to be? And what have you read?

Fira Marine said...

Any length, I chose fan fiction solely for the reason that it would be a twist for you, and tell me what you're thinking because I can't list every single thing I've ever read. It can be TV shows or movies too.

Kayla Anne said...

Hunh...have you read/do you watch any Vampire Diaries? Lol. I'm a huge Delena fan! Have you read Harry Potter? Please say yes Or I might have to revoke our blogger friendship...

Fira Marine said...

No...and NO I HAVE NOT. *roll eyes*

Kayla Anne said...

Cool HP fanfic it will be.

Jessica said...

Hehe. I shall enter 2. But only if you enter mine ;)

Fira Marine said...

Kkay. ;)

Jessica said...

lol. I suck at fanfiction tho..... i wont be able to portray the character right! ill have to think before i enter ^^

Fira Marine said...

You have to!!!

Optimistic4ever said...

Can I send you a Sammy Keyes fanfic? Please? Or if not, PJO.

O4E

Fira Marine said...

I don't know Sammy Keyes...and wait, what does PJO stand for?

Optimistic4ever said...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Fira Marine said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I'm stupid okay then.

Jessica said...

lol. We usually just call it PJ ;)However, I am having a difficult time choosing a fanfiction book.... can I do City of Bones? I don't think I'll do it justice... but before i do, you must tell me how far you are, so as to not ruin it :)

Fira Marine said...

YES. PLEASE DO.