My Disloyal Followers

Monday, February 4, 2013

Insert Big Words to Make Post Sound Interesting

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this post is interesting. But you know how when you use a lot of big words, and basically sound like a writer, then somehow it seems like it will be a lot cooler? Which reminds me, I need to practice sounding like a writer. I'm horrible at that.

Oh, alright, alright, I know what you are waiting to hear. I'm sorry. Not that anyone reads this, or that those who do care, but still. I'M SO SORRY. To be honest, I never did a daily writing piece after the last one I posted. But it grew tiresome, and besides, I came up with a story idea. Which, because I feel so guilty, I decided I will share with you. But I will likely take it down after a few days, due to fear of thievery. I know my ideas are hardly worth stealing, nor is my writing, but I would still rather not take the chance. I trust you guys, which is why I'll put it up in the first place.

Okay, so I didn't do a DWP. Hardly worth over a month's absence. I suppose it was a combination of school, dance, homework, lazy fingers, and worst of all, a computer that is so bad that I consider it to be broken. I will use my laptop for half an hour, and it will have frozen on me at least five times already, and by then it will freeze so bad that it will crash. And then it will take a few hours before I can turn it back on. Being an impatient person, I can't work with that. So my parent's computers are just as bad as my own, and besides, I don't want to base my computer hours off of theirs, because they are always using their own. And the keyboard for the one that is free more of the time is a really old one, and you have to press harder on the keys to type, and I hate it so much, I make typos all the time. Plus it freezes. And lags. And I can't keep anything open on that because "it slows other things down." Really? I mean, that is most likely true, but I can't function having to open things up every single time. Especially with computers that slow. It will take ten minutes to check my homework, ten minutes to open up FB, ten minutes for anything, and a few days before I finish writing a single post for here. Unbearable. So basically, I got lazy and stopped coming altogether. Which I deeply regret.

This month, I will try to reach 20 posts. I have never done that so far. But I will this month. Watch me. I think I highest I have gotten is 17 or 18. That's barely writing every other day. Shameful. I will post more, if only for my own sake.

Anyway, let's skip to something worthwhile. My latest story idea. This is the first draft of my idea, so remember, things will not stay this way, it IS BAD.


Desmond, Nathan, and Lacy are three siblings who find themselves in another world, called Morïem, which is in desperate need of help. The land that they find themselves in, Erom, is in total chaos because of the recent disappearance of their four rulers. The eldest, Ethan, a man who held the power over the earth, is dead, his two younger sisters, Wendy and Aqua, who once controlled the wind and the seas, are gone to a place from where they can never return, nor can anyone follow, and the fourth, the youngest brother, Firenze, the one who blazed with fire, is still around but doesn’t want to be seen. In the absence of these once powerful and loved kings and queens, many men are slaughtering and killing each other and innocent people in the hopes of gaining enough power to take command over the ruined land. Now these three children have been brought in amidst battle and war, and they must fix the chaos before even they, too, lose their lives to something they should not have been part of. They tentatively befriend one of the princes fighting, Elnair, who turns out not to be half as horrible and mean as they had thought. With his help, and with the advice and prophecy of a wise man name Solomon, they journey to find the last king, Firenze, for he holds knowledge of the second part of the prophecy, without which they cannot survive.

However, in the midst of chaos, no one has noticed the disappearance of several innocent villagers. Little do they know that an evil sorceress, Jade Darkstone, is the root of all the evil. With her faithful servant, Aries, beside her, she sets out to corrupt the world before finally taking over and crushing them all. She starts by having him murder as many citizens as he can in a short period of time.

While the three children and Elnair are journeying, they get unfortunately separated in the middle of the desert, Nathan and Lacey starving from not having Elnair to guide and take care of them. During that time, Desmond and Elnair come across an oasis, where they meet a girl who allows them to stay while she and her people go looking for Nathan and Lacey. After days of struggling, they are finally reunited, but only just before Aries comes and whisks Nathan, who turns out to be a traitor, away to the “protection” of his liege. Elnair, Desmond, and Lacey continue on to find Firenze and convince him to reveal himself once more and to join them in their fight. It is then that they learn of Jade and realize where the true danger lies. They prepare an army with the help of Elnair’s good childhood friend, Azura, who despite being sweet and helpful, had never thought anything of herself, always letting the littlest things upset her. She is glad to finally be able to do something, and not just sit around and cry herself to sleep. She has also always sort of liked Elnair, but known he had more important things to do.

Soon their army and Jade’s army meet, and Nathan is returned to them,  miserable and in battered shape. Not only is their brother returned, but they realize that Aries is not happy with what he had been doing, Nathan’s imprisonment reminding him how civilized life is and making him wistful. It is also then discovered that when he was a boy, before he had been trained by Jade, he had been as close as a brother to Elnair. Although this new discovery doesn’t ease the relationship between them anymore, it eases Elnair’s heart to realize he still had some sort of a brother, after his own was killed not too long before.

The armies do not end up fighting, but end up retreating to decide what their plan is. And Aries passes useful information to them before leaving with Jade, because he knows he will be instantly killed should he choose to abandon her. Even still, he is reformed.

Erom’s army is joined by a neighboring land’s, Ceradis’s. They had passed through the land while trying to find Firenze, and the two main military leaders, Char and Fawn, had been told of the predicament. Also, their people had been slaughtered due to the sorceress, and they wanted just as much to defeat her.

Solomon reappears then, and they puzzle out the prophecy, before finally realizing that Jade is in search of a magical broken light bulb from the normal world where the three children come from. If she gets a hold of it, then the chances of truly defeating her are hopeless. They find out where it is, and how to get to it.

First, there was a mountain next to a lake, and the light bulb was inside it. So Elnair, Desmond, and Nathan travel to the mountain. There is no way to get inside, yet somehow there had been tunnels and ruins of an ancient civilization in the heart of the mountain. And in the center of it all, was the light bulb. Since there was no way to get inside, Elnair teaches them the ways of dream travel, where you go to sleep and in your dreams you can go wherever you want. Unfortunately, you can die even in that state, and whatever injuries you retain while dreaming stays with you. So you have to be just as careful. But you can also wake up anytime you want, which will protect you, even though then you will have to start from the beginning again, which will get you nowhere. With every turn in the maze, there is an obstacle of some sort, and most of the time, Desmond and Nathan and fighting for their lives while trying to reach the light bulb. Meanwhile, Elnair remains awake, watching over their bodies, ready to awake them in case anything goes wrong. When the pair finally do reach the light bulb, they encounter Aries, who had been told to get it himself. After much hesitation and fighting, Desmond and Nathan retrieve it and leave. They go back to where the army is, and where Lacey is, and show them. But the next morning, they wake up to find it gone.

While the three were gone, Lacey had been befriending the warriors in their army, and learning how to properly wield a sword, and a bow and arrow. She and Azura become very close then, and Lacey becomes a favorite among them. She also spends time speaking with Solomon and learning more about Morïem in general.



Yeah. Still working on it! Don't worry.

Anyway, so I was thinking of retrying fan fiction. I was think Warriors or Narnia, or both. Tell me what you think in the comments here, in the chat box to the side, or in the poll that I will put up in a second. Yup, so critique! Review! HELP.

2 comments:

Connie said...

I don't think I can really help your writing...
Your idea is very interesting! But the font is kind of small, which makes it harder to read. I'm a bit confused...it says "who find themselves in another world called Moriem" and then the next sentence says "the land that they find themselves in, Erom..." so are there two worlds?

Fira Marine said...

Maybe I'll enlarge the font a little...thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks. :D And Moriem is the world. In that world, there are different lands, I think like five? Like how in a continent there are many countries. Does that help?