My Disloyal Followers

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

And Tomorrow Never Came

I made two promises.

1. Tomorrow I will post the rest of what I had started about Azura and Elnair.
2. Tomorrow I will make a post about Les Miserables.

And tomorrow never came.

Life of a procrastinator, huh. Can anyone relate?

Well it wasn't totally procrastination. It also had to do with the minor fact that I am without a computer, and using another's is awkward because none of my information is on it. Not to mention all of the computers in my house are slow, it is just that mine is the worst.

Since I am not in the most creative mood currently, I shall focus on Les Mis today and the story on the tomorrow that will hopefully come.

I went to see Les Miserables with my friend one morning during Christmas break. I had not known it would even be a musical until she told me, about half an hour before the movie. So my expectations slid a bit lower. I don't like musicals. They're silly.

I soon forgot it was a musical after watching it. The songs, the tunes, they all came as words. The moment someone said a sentence not in tune, that was when I realized it had not been like that the entire time,

I had not liked the movie. It was not bad, but it didn't quite make a mark in my brain. Then I went to school, where a lot of people had seen it, and would sing the songs, and listening to the songs made me realize how amazing that movie was.

My favorite character was Javert. He had an amazing voice, and his character wasn't "bad". It was just too good. If you understand what I mean.

Second favorite was Eponine. She impresses me. So this boy you really like keeps talking about this other girl, who you have every reason to dislike, and then right when she is about to be taken care of and taken from your and his lives, what do you do? Oh, you scream and help her escape, and just accept the fact that he doesn't like you. I am impressed.

Favorite songs: Look Down, Stars, Javert's Suicide, Drink With Me, On My Own, One Day More, Do You Hear The People Sing, The Confrontation, I Dreamed a Dream, Master of the House, ABC Cafe/Red and Black, Empty Chairs at Empty Tables  ----- I'm sorry, was that almost everything?

I want to read the book now, but I only have the abridged version so I'm reading that.

For those of you who noticed that very few songs of the movie are actually on the soundtrack, I found someone online who has everything. Literally, everything. So if you're interested, I can send them to you, or give you the Les Mis playlist I made with all 60 songs.

Anyway, discuss with me!

And by the way, I created a wordpress blog: Hardly Alive. Follow me please!

8 comments:

Connie said...

I don't usually like musicals very much either, since the characters are always randomly bursting into song...but Les Miserables was a really good movie. My friend says that Javert was too intent on catching Jean Valjean... Eponine was really brave, and Samantha Barks sang really well in the movie.

I liked almost all the songs in the movie too, although I didn't really understand the Red and Black song. It must have taken you a really long time to make a playlist with 60 songs.

Fira Marine said...

The thing about Javert is that he is a very black and white character. Good people can only do good things and bad people can only do bad things. He was the police, he was the law, so naturally he must do the good thing, capture the bad guy. The one who spent 19 years a slave and managed to leave his parole. So technically, Javert was correct.

Samantha Barks is amazing. <3

Red and Black is pretty simple. Just showing that in the light of rebellion, how they see the world. That is what the color red means, and that is what the color black means.

And yeah, the youtube playlist took a few hours. But transforming that all into mp3 and getting it on my phone took a few days. XD

Jessica said...

Oh Nat. I could fill an encyclopedia of "tomorrows that never came" for me :P
I think I am the worst procrastinator EVER

Fira Marine said...

Hahaha ikr? Same. I've been meaning to stretch all week for my break. But it's Thursday night and I haven't stretched even once.

Connie said...

How do you follow on a Wordpress blog? And can you comment on a Wordpress blog?
When you introduced yourself, was the reference to Les Miserables, in the beginning when Jean Valjean goes on parole?
And a young padawan is from Star Wars, right?

Fira Marine said...

It says follow/feed the admin on the side, all you need to do is put your email address. And yes you can comment.

Yep, both of those were correct. XD

Audrey Jones said...

I totally agree, Eponine really impresses me, and Samantha Barks did a terrific job.

I have the full version of Les Mis on my Kindle Fire, but I haven't been able to find the time to read it yet :/

Oh, and like you and Connie said, not much of a fan of most musicals. People bursting into song while playing football or in science class is silly, unrealistic, and just doesn't make any sense.

Les Miserables won the Oscar for the best music, I think... Yep, loved pretty much all the songs too, haha, especially the Look Down/Prologue which has great (but somewhat depressing) lyrics.

And...I nominated you for the Shine On Award! http://writingaudrey.blogspot.com/2013/02/shine-on-award.html

Fira Marine said...

Lucky, I MUST READ THAT!

Exactly, that's why I hate them but this was done so well.

YES! And Anne Hathaway won <3 I love her. So happy for her. And I LOVE Look Down! It's one of my favorites, haha.

Lol, and thanks, but as usual I don't think I'll do it.