My Disloyal Followers

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dreams and DWP

I apologize for not posting my writing piece for yesterday, but I had written it after posting and I don't like posting twice in one day, because whatever post came first doesn't get much attention. So I'll just put it in now, along with today's piece and dream.

Dream:

  My family was walking around in a grocery store, when someone came up to us and gave us two Raging Water tickets, which was next door. (Raging Waters is a water park by the way.) I begged my dad a little and he finally agreed to buy two more tickets so we could go. We walked there, bought the tickets, and went in.
  Of course, we didn't have our bathing suits, so my mom and I both just got in the wave pool with our normal clothes on, my mom with a big floaty around her. But this just didn't seem right, so I got out and asked my dad if he could go home and get them. I also asked if he could bring along a friend. He never technically agreed to the second part, but it didn't matter because then I needed to go to the bathroom. So my dad led me to the mens bathroom, which turned out to be the only bathroom, so it was really for everyone instead of just men.
  Inside was actually really nice. It was more like an open locker room I guess. It had wooden benches set in a large rectangle and the floor in all of that was carpeted black. My dad led me and my brother to the end of it where the toilets were, and so I used the bathroom. While my brother was using it, a woman had also come with her two year old son, and she was talking to my brother about his name. He wasn't really responding to her. (I have no clue why she was able to talk to him while he was using the toilet, but whatever.)
  Later, we came back to the bathroom, this time with my mom, and that woman was still there. I think my brother was using the bathroom again, and while he was, the woman said to my mom, "The poor boy. Doesn't even recognize his own name," at which I think I wanted to punch her or something. My mom's mouth dropped, but I don't know if it was because she believed her and was shocked, or was shocked that's he was saying anything likenthatbin the first place.
  After that, my dad took us home, and I got a friend too. We came back, but by the time we got there, it was time for my friend to go. We all decided to leave with her, when a bunch of my dance friends showed up, ready to go swimming in the big pool. I decided to join them, feeling a bit left out that they hadn't invited me. I found myself some goggles, after asking around a lot and almost taking one which was supposedly the lifeguard's goggles. Then I jumped in and swam around with the rest of them, occasionally racing a few, which I always lost since I am the shortest. Also, before I got in the pool, I found myself unable to put any weight on my left leg. Not that it hurt or anything, but I just fell every time. Humph. Wonder what that meant.
  Just as I was rousing from my sleep, the last things I saw in my dream were pictures that I had taken of all of us, laughing at the ones which made people look weird.

Yesterday's DWP:
I decided to continue what I had originally started.

  "Yes, so it was a toy. I hope you weren't too rude to her?" Eldon asked him. When Nathan didn't say anything, just glared down at the floor, Eldon stood up. "What did you say to her? What is she doing now?"
  Nathan didn't look up as he muttered, "Crying. In that bedroom of hers." Eldon let out an irritated sigh as he stood up and shoved Nathan, leaving the room, Nathan glaring after him. "Well, that doesn't mean you have to be rude to me!"
  Eldon ignored him and knocked quietly on Leanne's door. He heard no answer other than the soft sobbing that was only too familiar. Slowly, he turned the handle, opened the door, and made his way to the corner where she always hid when Nathan upset her. He saw her curled up, against the wall, her face in her arms, and he put an arm on her shoulder.
  Leanne looked up. Startled to see her eldest brother there. "Oh. I didn't hear you," she croaked in between sniffs. She scooted over to make room for Eldon to sit next to her. Once he was comfortable on the ground, she leaned against him, waiting to be comforted. It wasn't that Leanne was upset about Nathan not caring, but rather the fact that he had taken one look at what she was holding before telling her off in his bossiest voice, not to mention insulting her before listening to what she had to say.
  "What was it this time?"

Ugh. That was horrible. A few parts didn't even make sense. Oh well.

Today's DWP:

  Furious, Nathan paced around in his room, hearing joyful voices from the next room. Eldon and Leanne had that perfect brother-sister relationship. Nathan didn't belong. He kept thinking that last part over agan in his mind, each step angrier than the previous, before finally yanking open the wardrobe, pulling out one of his coats, then slamming it shut. For a moment he stood there wildly, the edge of the coat crumpled and crushed in his fist, wondering what on earth he was doing. Then, without a second thought, he threw it on and ran out of the house, leaving he front door wide open.
  The night was colder than he had anticipated. Shivering, Nathan set out on a trail he often walked whenever he was mad at Eldon, which happened quite a lot. After walking a few paces, and scuffing an innocent pebble on the ground, he turned to go home, to find his way blocked by an orange tabby cat, holding a sword pointed up at him. Nathan rubbed his eyes frantically, but when he opened them again, the cat was still there.
  "Who-who are you?" Nathan stammered as the cat swung its sword around in neat strokes, clearly showing off.
  When the sword point was fixed again at Nathan's chest, the cat cleared its throat and spoke in a deep voice, that of a grown man's, "I am Billi. And you, sir, are to come with me."


Yep, that is it. Tell me what you think! Should I keep doing the DWP's and dreams or should I give them up and try something else?

4 comments:

ѕтαrr said...

*creeper face* Hey buddy bud bud.

Fira Marine said...

Buddy bud bud! My preciousssssss.

Connie said...

I don't think the DWPs are horrible...in your dream, you used the word "likenthatbin" and I couldn't find the definition; what does it mean? I liked the second DWP, are you going to continue it?
I think you should continue the dreams and the DWPs, they are very interesting.

Fira Marine said...

Agh sorry about the dream I typed this up on the iPad and it is a typo it should be "like that in"

And yes, I will continue it I sort of like this story idea.

And thanks. :)