My Disloyal Followers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Help?

For my English class, we have to write at least twenty poems, using our vocabulary words. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, even though I can't write good poetry for my life, but this is worse. Why? Because I have one hundred vocabulary words to put in these. So I guess about five in each poem, but it's still hard.

I know a lot of you like poetry, and can write some really amazing poems too. I would appreciate your help. So, if you want, you could write poems for me to use, including the words necessary. I would really appreciate it.

Here are the words. Also, if you do decide to write one, tell me which words you used when you write it. There would be no use in having the same words in every poem.

I hope you do this! It would mean a lot to me.

The Words ~

1. meticulous
2. mitigate
3. morose
4. nonchalance
5. obliterate
6. obscure
7. obsolete
8. officious
9. opulent
10. overt
11. painstaking
12. parsimonious
13. paucity
14. peerless
15. perceptive
16. peripheral
17. peruse
18. placate
19. placid
20. pompous
21. ponderous
22. pragmatic
23. preclude
24. prestigious
25. pretentious
26. procrastinate
27. profusion
28. prodigious
29. prolific
30. propensity
31. prudent
32. pugnacious
33. rebuff
34. recalcitrant
35. refurbish
36. rejuvenate
37. relegate
38. repudiate
39. repugnant
40. rescind
41. respite
42. reticent
43. sagacious
44. salutary
45. sanction
46. saturate
47. savory
48. scoff
49. scrupulous
50. scrutinize
51. sequester
52. serene
53. skeptical
54. solemn
55. spurious
56. squalid
57. stoical
58. stringent
59. substantiate
60. succinct
61. sullen
62. sumptuous
63. supercilious
64. surmise
65. surreptitious
66. susceptible
67. taciturn
68. tactless
69. tawdry
70. tedious
71. temerity
72. tentative
73. terse
74. threadbare
75. thwart
76. tirade
77. trepidation
78. turbulence
79. unassailable
80. undermine
81. unequivocal
82. unethical
83. ungainly
84. unimpeachable
85. unobtrusive
86. unscathed
87. untenable
88. urbane
89. vacillate
90. validate
91. venerate
92. verbose
93. viable
94. vicarious
95. vilify
96. vindictive
97. vitriolic
98. volatile
99. voluminous
100. voracious

Yeah, those are the words. Please please please, I'm begging you, help me with the poems. Email them to me at: natasha.cats@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Also, as words get taken, I'll cross them out on the list.

You can earn prizes by doing this.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

tsk, tsk. You should be writing ur own poems!
But hey, I love a challenge. I'll be getting as many list words as possible into one ;)
And in case you didn't realize, that means I'll be writing a poem...
shhh, don't tell anyone ;)

Fira Marine said...

Lol. I got one from Kayla too. XD


And I will write my own, too...;) I just need others to help.

Jessica said...

I have 7 so far... muahahah
and it's halfway done!

Fira Marine said...

Awesome. Also do keep in mind I need at least 20 poems with some words in it. So if we use a lot of words in one, we'll also have to use few words in another.

Fira Marine said...

Also, do make sure the words you're using haven't already been used.

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

is it any specific kind of poem? Or just anything? BTW I suck so you don't have to use mine :P

Fira Marine said...

It is anything, but it's already too late. This is due. :(