My Disloyal Followers

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Disappointment

I am not sure why I am even doing this. Why I am posting about this, why I am posting at all. Why do I have a blog? Usually it's meant for people to come and see, read, and comment, or even criticize or completely insult my writing and say I have no talent whatsoever. That's all very nice, but usually it only works when people come and look at it.

My last post has been up for a week. I put an actual meaningful post up, and no one cares. I would be surprised if anyone even bothers to look at this one. I even included some art in my last one, if you could call that art, but not a single person cares. The last time I put up one of my drawings, which was ten times worse than this one, I received so many compliments. This time, not even a single person said a word, not even a bad one.

This all comes down to I am disappointed and disheartened. Why do I have a blog anyway? I'm tempted to take it down. Actually, seriously, considering it. I write for other people to read, if it were for myself, then it wouldn't even be a blog. Tell me if you actually want me to keep writing on it.

I'll give one more week for the Cbox, too, tell me if you actually would like it to stick around.


Here's a crazy idea I had. I was helping my mom create a message board for her business last night, when I was hit with the sudden urge to make my own again. Yeah, yeah, I know, why should I make something else that no one would go to when already no one comes here? Well, I was thinking, that instead of it being "my" message board, it could be something for all of us blog owners. It could be a totally writing blog based message board, and we could each have our own forum. And all the blog owners could be admins. We could talk about books, writing, etc! What do you think? I really want to do something like this, and I think it could really help connect with a lot of people too. Opinions?

By the way, I finished The Maze Runner Trilogy and its Prequel, so I'll be putting up a review soon. A spoiler-free review.

21 comments:

Connie said...

I would like it if you continued this blog. Why did you start this blog? Maybe that will answer why you have a blog, I don't know. There is a lot of spam on the Cbox...
I don't know what a message board is, but it sounds cool. I don't have a blog, though.

Fira Marine said...

I started it to post writing that people would look at, which they don't. So I don't know. And by the way, you're the only person who really does come and check here often enough, so my rant wasn't really directed at you. ;)

Yeah I think I'll take the cbox down.

A message board...have you heard of the Warriors forums? That's the best example I can think of. And you can be on it without a blog anyway. :D

Audrey Jones said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that I haven't commented lately! That Narnia drawing was fantastic :) I'll definitely try to come here more often and comment.

Hmm, it might actually be smart to take the Cbox down, to get more comments.

Do any of your friends read your blog? Or maybe you could find someone online with a blog, like me :)


Fira Marine said...

Haha thanks!

I think I will take the cbox down. All I get is spam anyway, so there really isn't a point in it.

Haha I've tried getting my friends to read it but they don't. Or well one does, but all she does is come to me later and say "I read it". So...not much use haha.

But like, would you be interested at all in making a writing/reading/blog message board?

Connie said...

Yes, I have heard of the Warriors forums. If you could make one for writing and reading, that would be really cool.

. said...

Wow it's like I am reading one of my old posts. :O I too had trouble and I still only get maybe 2 comments, more if lucky. I know just how you feel. I felt the same way, and I even had my own message board with a few so called friends in that time (before I met my bloggy friends :) ) and they didn't post only one person until the board died. :( I was so disappointed that no one would put in their part to help flourish my message board. Sorry I rambled too much.

I am a newfollower. :)

Jessica said...

Aww man Naaaaaaat
You know I read blog posts from google readerrrrrrrr
So I actually have to click on the link to post
and I'm lazy
I'm sooooorrryyyy
I'll buy you icecream when we kidnap you

. said...

LOL!!!

Fira Marine said...

@Connie: So you would join?

@Hilda: Haha, yeah, I totally get you. Would you...be interested in trying a message board again, perhaps? Thanks for following me!

@Jessica: I'm sorry ice cream doesn't cut it.

. said...

You're very welcome!! :) Sure, I'll be a member of your message board. Sounds like fun! Hopefully our friends can join in too.

Connie said...

Yes, I would join, as long as it isn't too hard to take part in the message board...do I need a certain email account or blog or something? I could make one.

Fira Marine said...

@Hilda: Haha, cool! As soon as I make it, I'll post it on here. Oh, by the way, I decided to go stalk you a bit, and you've published a book? That is so cool! O.O

@Connie: Yay thanks! No, you don't need to worry about it at all, you're fine already. (;

. said...

Yaaaay! LOL, stalking? Yeah I made a book. It was fun! You can read an excerpt from my website or if you click on the book on my blog, it'll take you to Amazon.com and you can read more of the excerpt there. :) I hope you enjoyed it!

Fira Marine said...

Haha, I already did that. I am a skilled stalker. (; I really want to publish a book, but I haven't even finished one yet. I always get a new idea midway, which is really annoying. How exactly did you go about publishing it?

. said...

I know what you mean. It happens to me too but I remind myself to finish first what I am writing, but if it is too interesting, go for it but don't forget to go back to your original writing.

I self-published my story with CreateSpace. I typed up my story in manuscript format and contacted CreateSpace online. I paid for one of their services because I don't know how to do the publishing myself. So I followed their steps and asked for help when I needed it and next thing, my book was published! It was easy. :)

Fira Marine said...

Yeah, except then I end up hating the previous idea. Well hate is a bit too strong of a word to describe it, but more like boredom. The previous story seems too boring.

That's awesome! It sounds really helpful, so I'll probably check it out more once I have actually finished something. About the excerpt from your website, was that part of the book published? Like the final version of those scenes without any more edits?

. said...

Yes, it is. I'm so happy to help. :) When you do finish a story and are ready to publish it, I say go for it! i wish you the very best. :D

Fira Marine said...

Haha, thanks! I'm planning on finishing the story I am currently working on by the end of May latest. Because I'm doing NaNoWriMo, that shouldn't be *too* hard.

. said...

Seems hard to me, lol!

Jessica said...

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Also
I nominated you for the Sine On Award!
http://writtenpaintings.blogspot.ca/2013/03/liebster-and-shine-on-awards.html

Fira Marine said...

Thanks xP I'm not going to do it, but thanks anyway.