My Disloyal Followers

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mark of Athena Update

Well, I finished Mark of Athena yesterday afternoon. I won't post spoilers here, because the words I saw in that book...just read it yourself. I cannot spoil this for you. All I will say, is that since yesterday I have been feeling broken inside, which of course is an exaggeration, but is nonetheless true. A year I waited for this book, and all throughout it I had been happy because everything was going according to my thoughts. Just the right amount of fighting and injuries, which is a little more than most people prefer, the perfect measure of emotions, and the tension leading up to the end of the book.

Then came the end. I stopped breathing for a moment when I turned the page and all I saw was the glossary. How could it just end there? All authors love to torture their readers, but nothing has ever been as shocking as this. I declare Rick Riordan plain evil.

If it was not obvious from what I have been saying, I am extremely unhappy about the end of Mark of Athena. No, don't assume that it had a sad ending or a painful ending. If that happened I would be leaping for joy because I love those types of endings. No, what I care again is the heart-stopping cliffhanger. Son of Neptune left us a cliffhanger, which annoyed me so much, but this, this was a million times worse. Honestly, I'm still not recovered from finishing this book.

Life Lesson: Do not get involved in a series before all the books are out. Chances are, it will take approximately a year, if not more, for a book to be released, and you'll be pulling your hair out for twelve months just waiting for what happens next.




5 comments:

Connie said...

I read a series that almost always ends in cliffhangers, but the books come out once every two to three months. It sort of makes sense to end in a cliffhanger, I thought, because if you take a year to write a book, the readers will still be interested in your series because they want to know what happens next.

Fira Marine said...

Of course things always are better with cliffhangers, that's just the way it works, but after waiting a year for this book, finishing it, and realizing I have to wait another year? Not cool.

CS said...

UGH I AGREE
NOTFAIRNOTFAIRNOTFAIR
=( =( =( =(
sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
why rick riordan whyyyyyy

Fira Marine said...

I know!!! I'm so mad about it!

Anonymous said...

hi there firamarineswritingblog.blogspot.com owner discovered your blog via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com