My Disloyal Followers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Multipost

I had three things to post about. And I know people never look at other posts than the one om top so I decided to combine them all.

First of all, I got back from my vacation on July 1st. However, being the lazy person I am, I decided not to dig out my laptop until today. I apologize for that.

I also must bring up another short topic such as the previous. I have noticed that only three of my supposedly loyal followers still look at this blog. Why is that? I understand that I haven't been posting too often lately, however the few posts I have written have gotten few, if not none at all, views. It disheartens me and makes me believe that you no longer care to see if I attend to this blog or not.

On happier notes, I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog award by Jessica. I highly recommend visiting her blog, Written Paintings, for she is am amazing writer and she takes care of her blog very well. I will fulfill the requirements of this as soon as I finish speaking about my other topic.

I recently finished reading the Inheritance series, and I must say it was extremely well written. I suggest everyone to read it, no matter how boring it may seem in the beginning, or how daunting the length of the books may seem to you. For those of you who don't recognize the name of this series, I am sure you have heard of it. The first book is named Eragon. The rest follow in order of Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance.

It's about a fifteen year old orphan named Eragon, who stumbles across a large blue stone while hunting. Soon after he discovers it, it hatches into a cobalt blue dragon who immediately establishes a connection to him. As he discovers more about what he now possesses, and his uncle is killed and his farm left in ruins, he is forced to leave his remaining family, a cousin, behind and escape to learn what his fate is meant to be. And that now, the destiny of the whole empire may rest in his hands.

It's a story full of twists and surprises, mythical creatures, and action. Not to mention the most saddening romance, and a maddening bittersweet ending during the last hundred pages of Inheritance. If you have already read the series, please inform me because I must speak to someone of it, and since I am recommending it to you, I unfortunately can't put up spoilers. Something that those of you who know me know that I would love to do. If you haven't read it, please do! It pays off, all the time spent on it, when you are captured by the mystery of it and can't stop turning the pages to find out what happens next. It's a wonderful series.

I suppose I'll talk about the Liebster Blog award now. First of all, I don't want to do this. It's a total waste of time. And right when I clicked post, all my work here got deleted. Except for the facts and questions. So you know what? I'm not going to do it. This is really stupid. And in the future, DON'T TAG ME FOR ANYTHING LIKE THIS.

Rules:

~ Those who are tagged or nominated must first post eleven facts about themselves.
~ Following that, they answer the eleven questions assigned to them, and then create eleven more questions for whoever they tag to answer.
~ Tag eleven more bloggers and inform them of the award. They cannot tag the person that tagged them.
~ They cannot tag someone with more than 200 followers.

Facts:

~1: I get obsessed with anything and everything. The moment I read something or watch something, I am hooked on and it replays within my mind over and over, alternate endings and extra characters developing.

~2: My latest movie obsession is Titanic. Favorite book series is Inheritance. And my favorite music are the songs by The Wanted.

~3: I first got into writing when I read Warriors. It was my obsession that forced me to begin writing a fan fiction. Ever since I got tired of that, I have been a persevering writer. One who now despises fan fiction.

~4: I can think of a million alternate endings to Titanic, just so that Jack will live. Or, so that Rose dies too.

~5: I love dancing and I can't wait to get back to dance on Monday. We'll be doing almost eight hours a day, five days a week. It will last four weeks until school begins.

~6: I am NOT looking forward to school. No matter the situation, high school or not, all I want to do is stay home and enjoy my summer.

~7: I just thought of something. Since everything about this is eleven, wouldn't it make more sense if there were eleven rules too?

~8: And while we are on the topic of eleven, I'm not sure I can think of eleven people to tag....

~9: I tend to get along much better with people younger than me than those my age or older. I have found that my name is famous among the fifth graders of my elementary school. I had fun stalking them through email.

~10: There is this fun water park nearby my home, and I invited a bunch of my friends to come and we all made the plans together. But all of them ditched and cancelled until there was one girl left besides me. But I think instead of just cancelling it, the two of us will end up going.

~11: Hm...let me think. Since this is my last fact, I should make it good right? Unfortunately, I can't think of anything good so I'll just go with: I love you all!

Questions:

1. Do you have any pets? What sort?
    a. Aye. I have two cats, and one fish. Not to mention my brother whom I think of as a monkey. My cats are Billi, the male who is eleven, and Julie, the female at six years old. My fish, Anakin, is about one year. And my brother is six.

2. What is your greatest ability?
     a. A difficult question. While many believe that admitting your flaws is difficult, I think it's even more difficult to know what you are truly good at. I'd say I am good at dancing, singing, writing, jewelry making, blackmailing, hiding, being annoying, very annoying actually, and many more. But I would say my greatest ability would be to see people and would be to overcome my jealousy, to maybe get upset easily but to forget it even more easily, and to never be able to hold a grudge. I guess, in a way, my greatest ability isn't so much an ability and it is an inability.

3. What's your favorite genre of book?
     a. Oh. Easiest, most simple question ever. I like action, or fantasy. Or anything along those lines. Something that isn't like normal life.

4. List five beliefs, religious or not.
    a. First of all, totally not religious. Just saying. I'm anything but religious. No offense to those who are, of course. Um. Well, first: I believe this world is full of idiots. Second: I believe that most people are ignorant of their surroundings. Third: I believe in everything people would call religious. Fourth: I believe that animals are higher beings than we are. Fifth: I believe that everyone is corrupt.

5. Would you ever shave your head for cancer or any other charity?
     a. No. I treasure my hair. I wouldn't shave my head. I'm not heartless though. What I usually do is grow my hair long, like below the waist, then cut it to shoulder length. With that much hair I do donate for cancer.

6. What's the place you want to travel to the most?
     a. That's hard. I guess I'll say Europe. I've been there once before, but it was when I was much, much younger. I don't really remember anything. But if you're asking where I would want to leave the most, I would say Massachusetts. I spent my first nine living years there before moving to this blasted California.

7. Favorite quote?
    a. Agh. I have no clue. I've never really cared about quotes, nor paid any attention to them. I have a collection of funny quotes though, which you can check out at Quotes.

8. Have you ever danced in the rain, or if not, do you want to?
    a. I have not ever done so, at least not as far as I can remember. However, yes, I would like to. But only if someone is willing to with me.

9. Which season is the best?
     a. Winter, as long as it snows.

10. Would you ever get a tattoo?
    a. No. In all my life, I will never get a tattoo. In my opinion, they look terrible. Besides, they require work. Not to mention the pain while they put it on.

11. What is the greatest smell in the world?
       a. I don't know! Haha...I don't care about smells. I guess I would say jasmine, or chicken 65....

Well, I suppose that's it. Keep checking for posts because now I'm going to start blogging a lot more!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lovelovelove the Inheritance Cycle, even if it's a retelling of the Star Wars movies. I hope Christopher Paolini expands some more on the world of Alagaesia ;P

Fira Marine said...

<3 You are like my new best friend now. But how is it a retelling of Star Wars? I'll admit, Star Wars was my obsession before this, and I honestly do not see the similarities. There are a few, but all stories have similarities with each other. And yes, I hope so too! Alagaesia is just too cool. ;)

Iris said...

Um. First, am I one of those 3 loyal followers? O___O
Second, I also taggged you for Liebster... but you don't have to do it I guess

Fira Marine said...

I know you tagged me and I said I wouldn't do it. If you didn't get the message, I said that it is really stupid.

And....no now I have four loyal followers. You're the fourth. Lol just kidding.

S Daredia said...

I love the Inheritance Cycle! It is one of my favorites! Unlike most other series, it kept on getting better and better...My favorite character is definitely Saphira. I love her sense of humor :)

Connie said...

I haven't read the Inheritance series...or cycle, I guess...but I have seen them a lot. What is chicken 65? Also, what is the Liebster Blog award?

Fira Marine said...

It's a really good series. Other than Eragon and Saphira, I'd say my favorite character would be Murtagh. He's just so epic. <3

Chicken 65 is the best Indian food in the world. And the blog award basically means you have to post facts, answers to questions, nominees, and questions. It's like of one those annoying chain mails.